Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Mother's Day



My sister sent me this your tube clip. The guy was dead on. I think he employed every catch phrase I ever used on my kid and step kids. It was scary.

And then there were the other things (that i try to forget). Like the time my son was riding in the grocery cart and it was about halfway filled with food and he was bouncing on the bread and not sitting quietly as i was politely asking (yeah right! I probably was too busy squeezing melons).

At any rate, I was commandeering the cart down an unpopulated aisle. i was planning to give the kid a good crack but didn't want to engender the nasty looks from other shoppers. Just as i was slowing the cart down my son bounced right out of the cart and onto the floor. He wasn't hurt too bad but enough to make him sober up. It saved me the trouble of having to whack him myself.

Oh and like another time...Harry was bouncing in the passenger seat of the car. He was about 4 years old, and i was taking him to day care. I had repeatedly told him to put his seat belt on. I was always telling him to put his seat belt on, and as usual he was jumping up and down and just ignoring me. I was going about 5 miles an hour waiting for him to comply. Finally, i just broke the car hard. The stop was just enough to cause harry to fly forward. He went head first and hit the windshield with his forehead. The sudden impact put a crack in the wind shield. Never mind that Harry had a red bump on his head, I had to take the car in and get the window replaced.

No comments: