Saturday, December 1, 2007

SNOW!


The temperatures are in the teens. It is snowing like crazy. The storm is not supposed to let up till tomorrow. I prefer to wait the storm out. Good thing it is the weekend. I had no plans to go anywhere as I am on pager duty and need to be available for work. My son is watching a friend's house and their furnace stopped working. He is meeting the repairman at their home to let the man in and be there while the furnace gets fixed. It is terrible weather to be out in.

Today is my son's birthday and we will have a quiet night at home (if he makes it back!) and play Risk. I agreed only because it was my son's birthday. I prefer Monopoly. We'll see if there are any neighbors who are snowed in and looking for something to do. I have several cases of beer leftover from Thanksgiving.

I love this picture. It looks like this outside right now. We lived at our first house in Pine Island and Harry was maybe four. He drove this little jeep all winter long. Sometimes he would get his jeep stuck in the ditch, and and my neighbor would laugh, because she would see him kicking it and shouting curses.** Baby swears of course. This particular incident was a big snowfall, and my husband was out shoveling. On the first pass shoveling the drive, Harry followed directly behing my husband as he shoveled, and from the window, I could see my husband turning around periodically to yell at Harry because Harry kept bumping him in the back of his legs. It was fun to watch, even though I could tell my husband was aggravated. I think Harry eventually got the message, after about four reprimands.

**Note: Roads are built high here so the wind will blow the snow off and it has somewhere to go. Being "in the ditch" can happen easily. The ditches are usually quite steep and difficult to get out of without some help.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

alice c said...

Happy Birthday Harry! I hope that you got to play Risk together. If he was in the U.K. today my son could buy him a drink for the first time.

robkroese said...

So glad not to be in Michigan any more....

It is pretty though. :)