Wednesday, November 14, 2007



This is my mom and her friend, Mario. Mom relocated to Chicago from a small town in Northeaster Ohio. She now lives smack dab in the middle between two towns and my two sisters, in the Western Chicago suburbs of Naperville and Aurora. Mom and Mario met a number of years ago in what I like to refer to as an "Emphysema awareness" class. It was some type of cardio-exercise program. My mom quit smoking about ten or fifteen years ago after more than twenty five years as a smoker. Now she is suffering from a mild case of emphysema, as is Mario. They are both widowers. In my mother's case, it was her second husband whom she lost. Mario lost his only wife the year before. He had been married to the same woman for more than thirty years. If you think you're too old for love, well your never too old, just ask them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blackbird said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh Anne, this is so sweet!

robkroese said...

Do they take each other's breath away?

Sorry.

blackbird said...

...oh, I do hope I didn't say something to upset you.
I think they look like a lovely, lucky, couple...