Sunday, November 18, 2007

I am gearing up for Thanksgiving

My family is coming up this year for the holiday so I am busy cooking. The last thing I want to do when I have my family up here is spend all my time in the kitchen, so I make as much as I can ahead of time. I am also busy washing linens and making beds because I have three families plus extras who stay with us. These are pictures from a few years ago. And when I tell you we make everyone wear orange when they are outside I am not kidding. Its hunting season and the Thanksgiving weekend is big for hunters.








My brother in law and his daughter went out for a morning jog. As you can see they are wearing the requisite orange gear and carrying bats. The bats are for protection. We insisted. There were some rotweillers in the neighborhood. Most people in this area do not kennel their dogs. Those rotweillers were a major problem.

7 comments:

Suzy said...

I love that you have to wear orange when you go outside.

Not so sure about using bats against dogs but I'm sure you know best in this instance...

blackbird said...

Sheesh.
Thanksgiving is DANGEROUS at your place.

Anonymous said...

It's funny, you talk about needing a bat for protection against Rotwiellers, and there is one right in the middle of the first picture!

MizMell said...

I've been hearing gunfire for several days now. I hate it. It makes me cringe.

Dan said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Anne! Mine will be bittersweet, but I'll be stuffing my face anyway! :)

alice c said...

I hope that you had a happy (and safe) Thanksgiving. Beating Rottweilers with baseball bats isn't my idea of post-prandial entertainment but ...what do I know...I'm English and we don't do Thanksgiving over here!

Heidi said...

Hope you had a great Turkey Day without any hunting accidents.
I always carry pepper spray with me on my walks for the same reason.