Thursday, October 11, 2007

They need a dog

Say hello to Pufkin. This is the one family member's picture that my niece Megan has sitting in a frame on her desk at work.

My sister's family lost their dog Tucker to old age about 6 months ago. He was part of the family for many years, and well loved by all. Recently, my niece bought this little hamster and named it Pufkin.
At night, Megan will block the top of the stairs with pillows and put Pufkin in a hamster ball, so it can roam unrestricted around the second floor. The other night, at bedtime, Pufkin, in the hamster ball, was in my sister's bedroom. "Mike, will you get that hamster out of here?" And her husband did. It followed behind him as he led it, in its hamster ball, out to the hallway.
This family needs a real pet.

7 comments:

MizMell said...

I agree, they need a dog. Do them a favor and take them to the local animal shelter...

alice c said...

I won't let anyone say a word against hamsters. They are very cute and if you are lucky - friendly and clever. But they don't last very long so you may get your wish! Or they might go for newts or body rats or tarantulas next time.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that while on vacation, Megan's Grandma took care of Pufkin and she kept a daily log/diary for Megan. One excerpt went something like...Tuesday, 9 AM, walked in to room, Pufkin wasn't moving, thought he was dead but then he opened his eyes (I took poetic license here, but it was something to that effect).

Anonymous said...

Sweet I look like a freak with a hamster picture on my desk. I agree we need a dog or a kitty!!!

Heidi said...

I definately think kitty, but I am a cat person! Pufkin is cute though.

Anonymous said...

yes megan, it reminds me of that guy from office space who's favorite thing was his stapler. so Anne, what about the cows?

Anonymous said...

lol...ok I don't look like that big of a freak Aunt Laura!!