Tuesday, October 9, 2007

In memorium



This is my friend Doreen, standing with my husband. The story behind the picture is this: she needed a car for awhile. I drive used cars. My current vehicle of choice are station wagons, and for some silly reasons, we had two. She borrowed one for about a month and then when she gave it back, she gave us a gift certificate to a restaurant. So then, when John and I used the certificate, we invited Doreen out to dinner with us, our treat. It was fun.

Doreen died this weekend. She was recovering from treatments for MDS, a precurser to Leukemia. She had a blood cord transplant three years ago, and just never got better. Before she contracted this disease, she was so lively and so much fun. There were many things I wanted to do with her, and things we had planned. I will miss her alot.

6 comments:

blackbird said...

I'm so sorry...

my thoughts are with you and her family.

alice c said...

I'm so sad for you. The life shines out of her in the photograph. Friends like that leave wonderful memories but it is difficult to remember that when you are dealing with the terrible pain of bereavement.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Anne. I know how you felt about this woman and the things you did for her. That's all we can really do! Anon

robkroese said...

That is so sad. My brother in law died unexpectedly almost a year ago, and it's just so bizarre that he's gone. I really think we all need to think about the possibility of something like that happening on a daily basis, so we appreciate what we have. It's too easy to take the people around us for granted.

MizMell said...

I'm so sorry...

More and more I am realizing how precious life is and how often we seem to take it for granted.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Anne, I didn't know. Are you OK?