Friday, June 1, 2007

Introductions

At present this is all about introductions. This is my husband. What you might be able to tell from this photo is that he has a cane. His left eye is a little funny too. The man is blind. He's not been able to see, at all, for as long as I have known him. What I liked about him when we first met, though, was that he would go with me to the art museum and 1) he would go and genuinely seemed to enjoy it, but only the first time 2) i could describe everything i saw from my perspective, utterly, in my opinion, and unchallenged. I realized that I could do this with just about anything and it was like a great power. It was heaven. He also had a lot of imagination, loved to play, and could be very silly. Still is. We've been married for 18 years. He's had a few strokes. What he's lost makes me sad. He isn't the same person that he was when i married him but he's definately there in spirit, he enjoys life, and he is very loyal to me. What more could anyone ask for. Plus he still cleans up really well...when I can convince him that it is a worthwhile effort. We've been invited to a graduation party on Sunday and it will take a special conversation to convince him to go. I am not sure i will succeed but we shall try.

No comments: